Subject: Re: Fresh NetBSD/sparc snapshot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Yoo <pyoo@mipos2.intel.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/1999 21:29:00
Hello,

I though this was great news since I was having problems getting current
working on my IPX box...

I've just tried 19990620 snapshot and right after the mem check, it shows the
booting device then :

Illegal Instruction

I've tried netbsd.GENERIC as well, but it stops with same error.  Christos
mentioned that I should be able to fix the boot blocks, but I think this is
not the boot block problem, since it tells Illegal Instruction which indicates
that it's actually trying to run something.  Is that correct?

Is there something that I need to be to fix this? or do I need to wait for
another snapshot?

Another question : I've read Installation Instruction on 1.4, 1.4C and 1.4D
and all of them mention about bootable floppy for 4C and 4M machine but there
is no instruction how to make the floppy.  I've searched mail-index as well
but no info.  It would be very nice for me if I can boot IPX with a floppy and
do NFS mount the filesystem from i386 NetBSD box which has the tar files to
install, like I would do for x86 machines.

Thank you.

	Peter.