Subject: Re: Current Kernel build fails on IPX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/1999 20:15:27
In article <199906191827.LAA29752@mipos2.intel.com>,
Peter Yoo <pyoo@mipos2.intel.com> wrote:

>I've taken Christos' suggestion and download 19990605.ELF snapshot and
>re-install the machine and now the machine wouldn't boot.  I get :
>
>Data Access Exception
>
>I've tried the kernel which comes with the tar file and also netbsd.GENERIC
>and they all gave me that error message then ok prompt.
>
>What should I try now?

I think that the problem is with the boot blocks. Paul fixed a problem
with the boot blocks, but I don't remember him making any newer snapshots.
Assuming that you still have your old kernel and a.out bootblocks, you
should be able to start up [since the kernel you last built was a recent
one, it has ELF enabled], and then update your sources and build new
boot blocks. If you are stuck and you cannot do this, I can build new
boot blocks for you, or provide you with any binary you want.

christos