Subject: NFS Fails Can Not Send
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <qball@darkphiber.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/06/1999 12:42:14
I have recently tried to boot/install NetBSD-1.4 / Sparc on a sparc station 2 I
followed the instructions for network booting, and was going to install via nfs.

When I power on the sparc I give it the boot net, it then finds my linux box
(where I am installing from) and gets the correct file via tftp, mounts the /
partion via NFS and loads the kernel.  Then it boots, towards the end of the
boot it tries to mount /usr /home and the swap partion, only to error out with
this error msg.

NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send

and I can't mount the other partitions via nfs after that, thus ruining my
plans on install  hehe.

Any help is greatly appriciated and thankyou.

LeRoy

E-Mail: qball@darkphiber.org
Internic Handle: LM4772
DALnet IRCop Handle: qball