Subject: Re: killing Solaris 2.5.1 with NetBSD-1.4 on an LX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/1999 23:34:11
christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> Ok, basically you need to boot single user, setup the network and grab
> the sources and build libkrb or ask someone (I don't have 1.4/sparc running
> yet, but I can give you a 1.3H copy of the library; it should be ok).
>
> If you bring up the network in single user mode, you should be able to
> build ssh from the packages; then you can just disable the evil r*
> commands anyway, until you fix the problem.

Not to worry, it appears that although the betas were built wrong,
the actual release was built properly.  (I hope I didn't screw up
the pc532 images that way, as I do remember that same problem when
I upgraded the machine during the release process...)  Although
the switch was much more painful than I expected (and not all my
fault!) I'm now running NetBSD-1.4/sparc and NetBSD-1.4/pc532!

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the trouble,
Jon