Subject: Re: killing Solaris 2.5.1 with NetBSD-1.4 on an LX
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/1999 08:23:45
>    (Please wait while "find / -name base.tgz" tells me if I got the
>    new ones in the wrong directory...)  OK, never mind, I got the
>    BETAs left over on my disk.  I'm assuming that getting the real
>    1.4 images will improve the situation, correct?
>

> not having tested or looked at them (aren't i such a law abiding
> citizen? :-) i couldn't answer this.  however, the error you
> dumped seems to indicate that something has only been partially
> installed....

No, my point is that there is no secr.tgz on ftp.netbsd.org, so if
the final images were built the same way as the beta's, I'll be
wasting a bunch of time downloading them only to have the same
problem.  Worse, since I won't be able to login, I won't be able
to fix the problem by grabing the sources and compiling them, or
ftp'ing the binaries from somewhere and installing them.

Well, the overnight ftp.netbsd.org -> pc532 download is done, now
for the slower pc532->SS LX transfer.  Perhaps tonight I can report
on the further success of this endeavor...

Jon