Subject: killing Solaris 2.5.1 with NetBSD-1.4 on an LX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/27/1999 21:22:07
OK, I grabbed the miniroot and *.tgz files and went to work on my
SUN424 disk.  I think I might be in trouble now, and it hasn't gone
as well as I had hoped.

First, a tiny nit. The install program inside miniroot-14.fs.gz
said it was 1.3.3.  Next, I had my *.tgz files in my Solaris /var/tmp
directory.  This appears to have interesting repercussions...
Telling the install program that you have the files there causes
the partition to be mounted rw.  This clobbers the Solaris partition.

To work around this, I loaded the *.tgz files on my Solaris /opt
partition with "tar cvf /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s6 *.tgz"  (I didn't have
much on there anyway, so I could afford to blow it away.)  Since
the installer couldn't figure this method out, when I rebooted the
miniroot, I killed the installer, untared the raw partition, and
untared each .tgz file...

I then ran MAKEDEV, and fixed /etc/rc.conf and friends (like
/etc/hosts, etc.) and rebooted.  I got a login prompt, and thought
things were going well, until I hit return after typing "root" and
got:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: login: libkrb.so.2.0: No such file or directory

And another login prompt appeared...  I need this machine, as it
is the console to my PC532 which is my "Internet router" with PPP
links to all the other systems here, and the only modem.  I guess
I can always pull out that Solaris CD...

Any suggestions on what other file to fix, or where to get secr.tgz
for a SPARCStation LX?

Jon