Subject: Re: nell & audioamd
To: Paul Kranenburg , Dan Poler <dpoler@ops.ce.mediaone.net>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/15/1999 17:50:59
I'm a little confused.  The Voyager doesn't have AMD-based audio.  It uses
the DBRI ISDN controller for audio.  I wish someone would add support for
DBRI audio already, since sparc-linux has had it for some time.
Besides that, I'm not including any audio in my particular config file.
I get kernel panics if I pop cards in and out of PC-card slot 2.  It panics
every so often when I use slot 1, but not as easily.  But it doesn't really
matter, because it never attaches to any card driver.  I've tried both a
3C589 ethernet card, and a Socket serial i/o card.  They both spit out nice
debugging data, but no driver attach.  And I certainly have the drivers for
both included in my config file.

So what's the status of the nell driver at this point?  I haven't seen it
mentioned in quite a while.

-Mark