Subject: re: problems with an ipx (update)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/08/1999 00:08:16
   On May 7, matthew green wrote

   >    When you unplug the serial console (or keyboard) you're doing the
   >
   > plug *in*

   Hum, I have a ELC with serial console (the display is dead), I've never been
   able to unplug the serial console without halting the machine. But this
   machine is under SunOS, I never tried with NetBSD ...
   And I'm sure it's when I plus the console *out* because I would have liked
   to be able to take the console away once it's booted.

sorry, i was talking about the sun keyboard.  the serial behaviour
is plain weird.  it seems to depend on the signals that are lost
or even the timings when the cable is removed.  i've also found that
turning off a terminal will always generate the break, but very
rarely found that just removing the cable does.

but plugging the sun keyboard in is a sure way to get a prom
prompt :-)  at least, if you're gonna get one.  it even works
sometimes when L1-A does not. (though not often)