Subject: NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/07/1999 14:29:35
Hi,

can someone please explain the comment

## NFS boot options; default on sparc is the bootparam protocol
options         NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM
#options        NFS_BOOT_BOOTP
#options        NFS_BOOT_DHCP

which can be found in may of the sparc config files.  I'm
particularly thinking of the first comment.

In what sense is booparam "the default"?  In the sense that it
does not need to be defined?  I recently had an experience where
I upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.4_BETA, and I now had to add the
NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM define in order for a diskless boot to succeed
(otherwise it would fail to mount the root file system).

Thus, I think something must have changed between 1.3.2 and
1.4_BETA which makes the above mentioned comment misleading.

- H=E5vard