Subject: Re: Sun 4/670
To: Harald Barth <haba@stacken.kth.se>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1999 01:42:35
On Wed, 05 May 1999, Harald Barth wrote:
>Is there anyone out there who has put more than one main board into a
>6[79]0 VME case? With some lobotomy on the back plane it should be
>possible. The computer club would like to have a more compact solution
>instead of 690+670+670 with one main board each.

  It is possible to run more than one board in an x70/x90 chassis by enabling
VME loopback in the prom on all of the boards.  It's possible for *one* board
to access devices on the VME bus by disabling its VME loopback...but only one
board at a time.

  VME loopback isn't available in all versions of the 4/600 boot ROMs.  If
someone needs to know which versions do or do not support it, contact me via
email and I'll dig up the information.

               -Dave McGuire