Subject: RE: sun4 cninit: mismatched PROM ouput selector
To: 'Greg Earle' <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Robert Murray <robertm@marco-na.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/03/1999 08:34:14
-----Original Message-----
From: port-sparc-owner@netbsd.org [mailto:port-sparc-owner@netbsd.org]On
Behalf Of Greg Earle
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 1999 7:51 PM
To: robertm@marco-na.com
Cc: port-sparc@netbsd.org

> cninit: mismatched PROM output selector
> console is ttya
>
> I would assume am getting this because the system
> didn't find a keyboard, but yet it is using the framebuffer
> for output device and ttya as the input device.

What does "eeprom output-device" say?

	- Greg

If I issue the u command it show
uai, uso , ua9600 ub9600, ue

I tried the command uao uaio anything this still does
not seem to work correctly as I dont see anything on
the terminal. but I still have input control and can
get back text on the console with a uso command.

If you wanting to know what the default console is
the 0x1F part of the eerom am not sure as like I said
I had trouble understand what commands I need to put
in to change this without messing up the system.