Subject: sun4 cninit: mismatched PROM ouput selector
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Murray <robertm@marco-na.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/02/1999 18:59:39
 I just got a sun4/110 it has a cgsix framebuffer but
I dont have a keyboard adapter as of yet.

 What seems to be going on is I can get it to
netboot and start the kernel then I get the
message

cninit: mismatched PROM output selector
console is ttya

I would assume am getting this because the system
didn't find a keyboard but yet it is using the framebuffer
for output device and ttya as the input device.

 The problem then is that I dont get any text at all on
my terminal ttya.

Can I pass the kernel some prams to fix this until
I get my adapter cable? Or can someone give me the
command lines to change the console to ttya in the monitor?
(I just cant seem to make any sense of the FAQ's on the subject
and I dont want to screw up the system cause I cant wait for a
cable :)  )

Robert Murray