Subject: Re: inn 2.1 dies
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/1999 09:29:56
> > innd is not setuid.. so I guess this patch wouldn't help. :-/
>
> You never know until you try it!  (There can be many reasons for a core
> dump to fail, as the patch indicates.)

Now I have news expire (the expire command) dying as well.  (Yeah, sounds
bad, maybe a hardware problem (although this system was 100% stable under
StunOS)).  In the news expire log, I get a message "segmentation violation -
core dumped" but I can't find the core file anywhere.  Do you know why this
might be?

This system is about 50 km from here, but I guess I'll have to go there
and do the usual "pull everything apart and put it back together" kind of
fix (hopefully, it's just some SIMM become loose..)..

Computers, sigh ;)

  -jm