Subject: [xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net: Re: qec/be]
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/1999 22:10:20
Whoops, I meant to send this to the list also. ;)

----- Forwarded message from Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net> -----

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:01:57 -0500
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
Subject: Re: qec/be

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:50:50PM +0100, Paul Kranenburg wrote:
> > I compilied up a kernel with this Saturday's tar-sources, excited to see
> > that there was a qec/be driver in there. Unfortunately I couldn't get my be0
> > out of half-duplex mode,
>
> I have no idea why this is, nor do I even know for sure whether the `be'
> board is capable of full-duplex operation.
>
> Is there anyone out there who can point at actual documentation of
> this hardware (on top of what's currently in the bereg.h header...)

I suppose I should learn what half-duplex means also, since it seems my idea
was wrong...but in any case I couldn't get it to work, but that may be my
own fault. Everytime I ifconfig'd it I got some ioctl error: file exits. I
wish I could remember the exact error, but I'm back to running my regular
kernel...

--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis

----- End forwarded message -----