Subject: qec/be
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/1999 21:40:44
I compilied up a kernel with this Saturday's tar-sources, excited to see
that there was a qec/be driver in there. Unfortunately I couldn't get my be0
out of half-duplex mode, so it wasn't of much use since I could ping out,
but not be pinged (I didn't try everything else since the testing involved
rewiring my lan several times, which meant switching off tcp on the other
machines so they didn't complain too much (Macs)...). Also, I noticed that
on boot-up (when testing the media-type?) it makes a clicking noise, and
keeps on making that noise if nothing's plugged into it. Is that normal?

TIA
--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis