Subject: How to do basic install? Need pointer to docs.
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Albertson <chris@topdog.pas1.logicon.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/20/1999 12:27:14
Hi,

This is the most basic of begginer questions.  I am a long time
UNIX user but conpletely new to BSD.  I have a downloaded the SPARC
binary directory tree via FTP.  Now how do I install it?  I figure
you must uncompress the miniroot and write it to a disk partition
then boot it.  I have SunOS 4.1.4 on the machine now and no data I
need to keep.

I am sure someone has written down instructions for installing the
system. Would somebody point me to the documentation.

Direct e-mail may be best as I'm sure this must be a FAQ.

--
--Chris Albertson

  chris@topdog.logicon.com                Voice:  626-351-0089  X127
  Logicon RDA, Pasadena California          Fax:  626-351-0699