Subject: Config without FFS panic: Can't reproduce it.
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/07/1999 20:25:41
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I wrote in that I could not get a kernel with FFS
commented out to boot on a diskless machine.
I have since tried several compiles, with and without FFS, debugging,
GDB and other options but have been unable to reproduce it, though
the problem reproduced easily earlier.
I haven't supped or ftp-ed source since, but things work fine now.
Kernel is almost half the size of our current generic kernel, so
definetly worth the effort on an SLC with 16M.

Question: Is there a more efficient way of turning an SLC into a
X-terminal than this? Right now I boot it, and start X, then telnet
to the other machine and start a window-manager etc. on the display.
So the SLC is running a more or less complete NetBSD system, with
NFS swap and all.

Regards, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
"I got the feeling that the person that wrote it acutally liked Linux.
			But maybe I'm on drugs"
 Linus Torvalds, about a leaked M$ memo on plans to undermine Linux.
~