Subject: Re: pppd dying...
To: Chris J. Mutter <chris@terminal.sil.at>
From: What EES eet man? <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/03/1999 11:25:58
"Chris J. Mutter" sez:
/*
 * hello there,
 *
 * I have no solution but the same thing happened to me under Linux when
 * somebody instaled egcs and recompiled the kernel with it. pppd didnt
 * die but as much as I saw with pppd set to -debug it couldnt do LCP
 * (line control protocol). I went back to gcc and things went fine.
 * Usually pppd uses LCP and CCP as hand- shake. It sends out config
 * request and gets ACK or NAK ... I was searching for a mistake for hours
 * in a small hot serverroom and just went back to gcc and it worked
 * immedeatly. perhaps a problem with egcs.

The problem is not a rebuilt pppd, the problem is that pppd doesn't work
with a new KERNEL.

 *
 *
 * later,
 * cjm
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft software is for people who can't handle UNIX.