Subject: re: a.out -> ELF?
To: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/1998 23:42:06
[ redirected to port-sparc ]

   1.	Is it completed so that I could rebuild my system using ELF instead
   	of a.out?

no.

   2.	Does this happen automagically, or do I need to set a variable
   	in a configuration file, or...what?

when ELF is available, we'll work out what happens then.

   [If you don't get the gist of the message, it is "I want to rebuild
   in elf format."  The only thing that needs to be a.out is the bootloader,
   isn't it?  Or does even that matter...?]

all the SPARC elf work that i have done recently should add 32bit &
64bit support to most of the toolchain (under NetBSD -- this work is
entirely based on the already present sparc/elf code), sans 64bit GDB.

however, there is little testing, and userland is not possible yet
due to no lib/csu support.

there are also no timelines for this work so "sit back and wait." :-)