Subject: Re: le0: overflow
To: Chris J. Mutter <chris@terminal.sil.at>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1998 10:29:13
On 17-Dec-98 Chris J. Mutter spoke unto us all:
# > Do you happen to have a lot of other DMA activity competing for bandwidth?
#
#  nope. I run the machine with a NFS-rootfs to a 100mbit FreeBSD box via a
#  switched network. Xsun is almost all that runs on the machine. I get this
#  errors when opening _bigger_ apps like exmh/xemacs or netscape .. but then
#  it just scrolls error messages and this is annoying. or is the machine
#  (SS1) just too slow for that kind of network activity?? Cannot be . or?

Mine gets blown away with those errors when I remote display a netscape window
to it with lots of graphics. (ss1).  I think the machine isjust too slow.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org