Subject: Re: Ireland/UK
To: Edwards, Benjamin () <Benjamin.Edwards@DIGIFONE.COM>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/1998 12:30:48
> I have a SPARCstation 2 and was planing on putting Linux on it but
> was advised that BSD is more appropriate.

This is largely a matter of taste and/or whether what you want to do is
supported under the OSes in question.  (Personally, I'm a BSD bigot all
the way, as is not surprising given the forum you're finding me in.  If
you prefer Linux for whatever reason,by all means, go with it.)

> I know very little UNIX but think I need to get hold of a NetBSD CD.

This is not necessarily true.  I've got NetBSD running on at least half
a dozen machines, but am not certain I've ever even *seen* a NetBSD CD.

If you have any OS presently on the SS2, you can probably install from
it, if necessary by going the miniroot route.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca