Subject: Re: Unwanted y2k spam..
To: None <ahorn@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/1998 11:31:41
> As a representative of dreamworks.com I would like to express my apologies
> for the recent unsolicited commercial email to the port-sparc netbsd
> mailing list purporting to come from the dreamworks.com domain.
> It did not come from our domain, and we have absolutely no association
> with the company or services offered in the spam.

It looks like we all got the same spam which was "personalized" by
making it look like it came from Project.Manager@<yourdomain>. The
mail I got had a "From: Project.Manager@pdc.kth.se".

The mail spam host and the web page mentioned in the mail body seem to
be located in 206.217.58.0 which is delegated to netcom.com. I have
used http://www.netcom.com/support/abuse.html to tell Netcom that one
of their customers is disturbing me.

I hope you have a nice day anyway and may all spammers burn in hell,
Harald.