Subject: Re: Looking to make a Sparc bootable cdrom, any instructions?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/21/1998 10:43:57
> The only problem I can see with this is that you have a non-standart
> for for your CD, so you can't read it anywhere.

 Actually you could. My idea was to integrate a SUN-type diskblock
in the very first 32 Tracks of the CD, where the SUN Boot ROM will
expect it (!) anyway and then integrate a UFS image on the CD to
which this diskblock will point. There is place between block 16
and 32 on the ISO image which could be used for this (and similar)
purposes. The UFS-Image will simply be concatenated behind the ISO
image and the whole will then be burned onto the CD.

 The standard ISO image could be left for other platforms, transparently,
and be used as normal CD, once the SUN started NetBSD from the small
UFS partition.

 Alas, I have a problem: I have no Sparc running yet :)

--
Markus Illenseer