Subject: Re: Samba
To: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
From: NoRM <norm@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/1998 23:59:21
> Have you setup smbd and nmbd in /etc/inetd.conf, and installed a valid
> smb.conf? Try telnet to test smbd (telnet marvin netbios-ssn). Check
> logs (samba and system) for activity. Increase debug level in
> smb.conf.

Sorry, I should've mentioned that I have setup a Samba server before, but
just that what works fine on my Solaris box doesn't on my NetBSD box.

It's there, running, the logs show nothing out of the ordinary.  But
smbclient reports that it's being unfriendly.  I suspect it's something
such as the netmask, because that's where I've had problems before.  ho
hum.

Norman R. McBride                               http://www.city.ac.uk/~norm/
Computing Services, City University, England          norm@city.ac.uk (MIME)

"...the extreme case best illustrates the norm..."              Stephen King