Subject: Re: NetBSD Sparc Classic
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/14/1998 16:45:44
fair@clock.org (Erik E. Fair) writes:
> See le(4) from the sun3 sub-directory; I put all the error messages that
> the AMD 7990 driver will generate and some explanation into that.
>
> I remember looking this up before - do you have anything else on your
> Ethernet that generates illegally large packets?

I recall that badly crimped coax cables could cause this.  The noise
from the loose connection would sometimes imitate an overly large
packet (no doubt with a bad CRC).  Under SunOS this used to come up
with 'le0: dropping overly large packet' or some such error.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
Cut down on spam.   Install ORBS support:    http://www.dorkslayers.com/orbs/