Subject: Re: Difference sun3x and sparc port
To: Ijsbrand Wijnands <iwijnand@cisco.com>
From: Matthew Smithshaw <M@MLNET.NET>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/06/1998 06:56:49
At 14:59 05/10/1998 +0200, Ijsbrand Wijnands wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am in the process of installing NETBSD on a sparc classic. I see
>there are 2 distributions, a sun3x and a sparc. Which of the 2 should
>I take?
Use sparc (sun3x is for older sun3 series using 68k series processors)
>Maybe an other stupid questions, but what is the difference between
>OpenBSD and NetBSD?
I tried OpenBSD first, found many problems (bus errors, network problems
and compatibility problems).  Moved over to NetBSD when I found the
magic boot disk, and have never looked back since!

--
Matthew Smithshaw                 | ML Associates
M@UK.COM   or M@mlnet.net         | P O Box 16076