Subject: Re: Sun COMPACT1 mouse generates errors
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org, Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/1998 12:43:38
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-sparc: 23-Sep-98 Re: Sun
COMPACT1 mouse gene.. by Paul Kranenburg@cs.few.e
> >  I got Sun COMPACT1 mouse recently. It generates
> >
> > Jul 19 01:00:04 oxi /netbsd: ms0: input error (0x4247)
>

> Wrong baud rate assumed by the mouse driver. In the past, all Sun mice
> ran at 1200 baud, but that appears no longer to be the case.. I recently
> found out that the Voyager mouse runs at higher baud rate too.

    For what it's worth, my system seems to work but randomly generates
these errors.  It's a Classic with an optical mouse (must be infrared
rather than the red LED's I usually see, there's no visible light under
the mouse).  It normally works fine, but sometimes spews these errors.
I've noticed that often if the system boots and the mouse happens to not
be on it's pad I get hundreds of these errors.

                                                          Will Ferry