Subject: Re: about installing from scrap
To: Fabrizio Catalano <cata003@pn.itnet.it>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/1998 10:41:21
On Sep 21, Fabrizio Catalano wrote
> Hi
> I'm user of NetBSD on Mac68k boxes.
> Now I should like to use a Sparc2 w/ NetBSD, but I've not any idea about
> booting the bulk box. I've got the 1.3.2 files and they resides on a NetBSD
> box, now how to do?
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Do one of your Mac68k boxes have an ethernet board ?
Then put the sparc on the same ethernet and netboot it from the mac.
Instructions for this are in the diskless(8) man page, and
the sparc install notes.
There's a small but in the 1.3.2 arp code (I think), which prevent
a diskless sparc from being added to the server's arp table at boot.
So you need to add this entry by hand, with arp -s, before booting
your sparc.