Subject: netbooting a sparc5 from FreeBSD
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Woodhams <natewood@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/05/1998 14:36:40
I have a sparc5 that currently has an old version of SunOS on it (4.1.something
I think).

I am trying to get the sparc to net boot over my local network from a PC
running FreeBSD 2.2.7.  I have the diskless setup configured on my FreeBSD box
but I keep getting a strange error.  Perhaps this is the wrong place for this
question, but the error I'm getting is:

mountd[106]: Bad exports list line /netboot/sparc

my exports file is this:

/netboot/sparc -maproot=0:0 -alldirs sparc.ncw.net

Has anyone run into this problem?  I get an error while trying to boot,
something like unable to open device.  I am assuming that the problem lies with
the directories needed not being properly nfs exported.  The command I use to
boot is 'boot net netbsd -s'.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.

E-Mail: Nate Woodhams <natewood@ix.netcom.com>

Sunnyvale, CA   USA