Subject: Solaris emulation on NetBSD 1.3.2?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Werther Pirani <werther@wservice.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/1998 13:58:11
   Hello,

I've enabled Solaris emulation on my Sparc 2 running NetBSD 1.3.2 as
per the compat_svr4 man page and things are, to some extent, working
fine.  That is, applications load okay, but as as soon as I run
something that tries to access the net, I have the following problems:

1) Hostnames are resolved only if I add them to /etc/hosts.  It goes
   without saying that /emul/svr4/etc/nsswitch.conf reads:
   hosts:       dns files
   It's worth noticing that hostnames are resolved fine in native mode
   and even by SunOS applications.

2) A simple call to socket (either from C or from tcl/tk) fails.
   Okay, actually the call to socket succeds, but then there's nothing
   I can do with the descriptor -- except calling close.

Suggestions, anyone?

TIA,

Werther Pirani