Subject: SLC booting
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Quointeau <f.quointeau@wsc.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/20/1998 20:08:26
Hi !

I have an old SparcStation SLC with NetBSD 1.2.1 on it. After
power fault, the main disk crash.

I put it on a new installed SparcStation IPC with NetBSD 1.3.1.

I can't repair the 'a' and 'g' partition so I reformat these (I can repair
the 'h' partition, good :)).

Then I install the NetBSD 1.3.2 miniroot on the 'b' partition,
because the system tells me the 'a' partition is read-only (???)

I try to boot with this partition ( boot sd(0,5,1)netbsd -s ) on the
IPC, all rights. Then I try to boot with the SLC, and it says : "The
file just loaded does not appear to be executable."

May be the partition table goes wrong ?

I don't have any idea...

Thanks !

---
Excuse me for my poor english...
Frederick Quointeau, Network and System administrator
WSC WebSystem Communication Paris (http://www.wsc.fr)
---