Subject: Re: ATM en0 driver on sbus
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/1998 11:53:03
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:26:31 -0700 (PDT)
>  Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> wrote:
>
>  > > Oh, I thought it was like le in that the DMA memory was pre-allocated.
>  > > This is much easier, even though `bus_dmamap_load_mbuf()' does not exist
>  > > yet.
>  >
>  > Umm- I think Jason has been working on this- it may in fact be ready
>  > in at least the alpha port.
>
> I wrote it for all direct-mapped DMA tags... but for the DVMA and SGMAP
> tags, I haven't... I haven't really figured out how I want to deal with
> chains of small mbufs.

Hmm... I think you would need to sort them by which page they reside in,
DVMA allocate mappings for each page, then generate the DMA seglist from
that.  What other choice is there?

The unfortunate side-effect of this is that all the code we currently have
that assumes just one seglist entry will break.  (I think I handled most
of this in sparc64, though.)

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me