Subject: Re: ATM en0 driver on sbus
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@maria.wustl.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/1998 22:17:21
hi ruibiao-

>I have an efficient ATM card in my sparc 2 box, and I would like
>to use it.  It is not in the sparc generic config, so I added the
>following line
>When I did 'make depend', it showed two redefinition warnings of
>bus_space_read_4 and bus_space_write_4 in if_en.c and
>machine/sbus.h.

the problem here is that i created if_en_sbus.c before the sparc
port had the bus_space functions available so I faked it in midwayreg.h.
now that sparc has those macros this hack should be turned off.

there is also the issue of setting up for DMA on systems with IOMMUs
(sun4m systems).  i don't think that is properly addressed in the
driver either, but that shouldn't be a problem for the sparc2?
hard to say since i have not looked at the sparc in a while.   maybe
pk (when he gets back from holiday) or mrg can fill in the gaps here?

chuck