Subject: RE: SPARCStation 1+ Problems
To: Pete Plank <neko@pindigital.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/1998 22:55:01
On 31-Jul-98 Pete Plank spoke unto us all:
#  Anyway, soon after it powered up, it gave a loud beep, and began flashing
#  the front LED in a continuing pattern; 1 long flash followed by six short
#  (rapid) ones. Something isn't sitting right with it, but I haven't a clue as
#  to what to troubleshoot without some sort of reference.
#
#  The machine appears to have 16 MB RAM installed, and it all is snugly
#  seated. It also has what appears to be a CG3 sbus framebuffer (part number
#  on underside is 270-1909-02 Rev 1).

I had this problem with one of my sparc 1's.  It turned out I installed the 16
megs of mem in the wrong place.. It wanted it in a particular set of simm
slots.. not just any spot will do.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html