Subject: Modem communication limitations w/ ZiLog 8530
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Abraham J. Stephens <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/07/1998 22:05:01
Hi, I have a sparc IPX I just installed netbsd on saturday.  I am
currently attempting to communicate with a modem through a Zilog 8530
serial port. (8 pin DIN) Question 1: Is there any way to test if the modem
is connected correctly other then using a chat script to dial it?

Question 2: The man page for zstty states that the interface limits the
possible baud rate on many machines.  Is connecting to a modem throught
this interface worth it? (speed wise) This might be out of the scope of
conversation for this list (forgive me) but what are my other options?

-Thanks