Subject: Re: Thanks Guys, was: SunOs Emulation
To: Netbsd User <netbsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/07/1998 09:38:15
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Netbsd User wrote:

> Many thanks for the fast responses, it is really simple,
> but you have to know where to look.
> I've found previously no references to the sunos emulation
> on the NetBSD web pages...

	Its definitely there on the sparc page:

		http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/index.html
	I've updated the pages to make it a little clearer - let me know
	if there are any problems.

> Now I have to debug that shitty program, it is core dumping
> all over the world. Netscape for SunOs is running fine.

	ktrace might be a useful tool in this case - try 'ktrace <prog>'
	then run 'kdump|more' to see which system calls it is making.

> I think, I should recompile the entire thing, it seems that
> statically library objects are linkable with NetBSD objectfiles,
> good.

	That would certainly be a nicer option!

		David/absolute

	 -=-  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger"  -=-