Subject: Re: Virtual consoles?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/1998 15:52:08
> Ya know, it just kind of dawned on me that with the right memory
> mapping strategy, it would be possible to have three or four screens
> in memory, mappable as X:0.0, X:0.1, etc.

More likely as X:0.0, X:1.0, etc - X display numbers do not necessarily
bear any relation to the hardware behind them; each virtual console may
or may not have an X server running on it.

I did, long ago, hack code into the Sun-3 X server to support multiple
sessions on a single framebuffer/keyboard.  I've toyed with doing
virtual consoles in the driver, but never got around to it.  With
wscons coming down the pike, NetBSD/sparc will probably get it for free
when cutting over to wscons....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca