Subject: RE: Virtual consoles?
To: (SAVE MY WALRUS) <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/15/1998 16:21:27
On 15-Jun-98 SAVE MY WALRUS spoke unto us all:
# Ya know, it just kind of dawned on me that with the right memory mapping
# strategy, it would be possible to have three or four screens in memory,
# mappable as X:0.0, X:0.1, etc.  One could thus run four virtual displays
# on one physical monitor.  I know about virtual desktops, but I was thinking
# it would be quite nice to be able to have an XDM on screens 1-3, and the
# raw console on screen 0.
#

I'm assuming for a moment here, but I think the new wscons will (can?) do this.
 And eventually aren't all ports going to use wscons?  I know other people have
asked me on occasion "why doesnt netbsd sparc have virtual consoles? linux
does!"

Groan..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net