Subject: options node?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/24/1998 11:19:59
I have an SS1+ that used to run NetBSD diskless just fine. Recently, I
pulled it off the shelf it was on and plugged a disk in that I installed
a vanilla 1.3.1 onto.   I used an LX to do the install and booted off the
disk to ensure that it was all ok.

Then I stuck the disk in my SS1+ and tried to boot it and, quite
consistantly always got a 'panic: alignment fault' just when it was
I was able to verify that it still came up multi-user on the LX.

So I tried to boot the machine diskless using it's old setups and then
I got a different panic:

                panic("no options in OPENPROM");

Now, whenever I try to boot the machine, I get that same panic.

I tried resetting the nvram setting and did 'set-defaults' but to no
avail...

It looks like the machine is completely hosed now... It has a new NVRAM
battery in it so I'm fairly sure that it's not a dead battery problem.

Anyone have any ideas?