Subject: Re: Magma device driver available
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/1998 17:24:59
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Brad Salai wrote:

> I can't resist the opportunity to say, nice job, and to sob a little about
> the unavailability of a sparcprinter driver.
>
> Still have to switch over to SunOS to do all my printing. :(

Gee, thanks..

what does the sparcprinter driver do that is special?

and I should say, after just having done it, that writing a device driver
is not that difficult - a steep learning curve at the beginning, but it
gets easier once you learn your way about the kernel.  I'm not doing any
more though, I'm leaving this life behind and sailing off to a far sunset.

iain