Subject: Re: UVM on sparc
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/04/1998 12:04:03
At 8:39 PM +1000 5/4/98, matthew green wrote:
>   Who here is using UVM on sparc?
>
>   Impressions about the stability and performance of the code?
>
>i wrote/ported the swap management code on the sparc last year,
>and imo, the code has been stable and has performed very well
>since about then.  i hope that it becomes standard on the sparc
>port soon...

I've been using -current kernels with UVM for a few months, basically since
it was released. I don't have any real basis for comparison with non UVM,
but it has been stable for me.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614