Subject: Problem Solved: NFS and SunOS 4.1.3
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Steven Grunza <steveng@formail.formation.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/1998 17:48:51
Problem Solved:

It turns out that the stock NetBSD-1.3 has both /sbin/nfs* and
/usr/sbin/nfs*.  The /sbin versions were being called and failed.  I
probably looked at the source in /usr/src/sbin/mountd.

Thank you to all who replied, especially Frank, who mentioned about the
possibility of extra NFS binaries.

At 04:58 PM 4/24/98 +0200, Frank van der Linden wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 23, 1998 at 01:31:09PM -0700, Steven Grunza wrote:
>> I've put the -n option into the mountd startup but still have problems.
>> (PS: the /etc/exports options to use unprivileged ports are not processed
>> by mountd in stock 1.3 NetBSD-sparc and cause mountd to log an error.)
>
>That seems unlikely.. Are you using the "-noresvport" option as described
>in the exports(5) manual page? Do you perhaps have a set of old NFS binaries
>lying around in /sbin? As described in the INSTALL document, these were
>moved to /usr/sbin. You may be inadvertently running the old binaries.
>If so, remove nfsd, nfsiod and mountd in /sbin, and reboot.
>
>- Frank

Steven Grunza
voice:  (609) 234 - 5020 ext 3101
pager:  (888) 986 - 3174