Subject: RE: Using a bare Sparc 2 (no video board)
To: (Rick Copeland) <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/1998 18:20:57
On 22-Apr-98 Rick Copeland spoke unto us all:
# Sparc List,
#
# I have got a Sun Sparc2 without a video board and missing the NVram.  Is it
# possible to use the Sparc2 in this condition somehow? I know that the serial
# port can be used with a terminal but does it (the Sparc 2) have to have a
# NVram to run?
#

When you say missing NVRAM.. do you mean the NVRAM is dead, or physically
missing?  If it's just dead.. then yes.. there is a sun NVRAM faq, and you can
just reprogram as you boot. (annoying but it works)

If its missing.. I doubt it.  But headless is no problem at all.  Worst case..
just go buy an NVRAM from digikey.. cant be more than 10 bux or so?

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html