Subject: NFS and SunOS 4.1.3
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Grunza <steveng@formail.formation.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/1998 15:07:16
Hello,
  I'm trying to use a SS1 runing NetBSD 1.3 as a NFS server.  The NFS
client is a SS10 running SunOS 4.1.3.  It works fine with NetBSD as the
client but with NetBSD as the server, the SunOS mount command never
returns, the SunOS console reports the NetBSD server as not responding, and
any attempt to do a file operation on the mount-point causes the SunOS
system to grind to a sort-of halt (can't login, ls, etc but Open Windows is
still running.)

  I've enabled nfs client and server in /etc/rc.conf on the NetBSD box and
put the file systems I want exported in /etc/exports.  Is there anything
else I need to do?

Thanks.

Steven G.

Steven Grunza