Subject: Re: Sparc serial console
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/1998 08:22:23
> I have a sparc1 attached via null modem to my main server.  When I
> shut down the main server.. it immediately drops the sparc to the
> boot prom.  I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent this behavior
> from the sparc.

The only way I know of is, don't use the console port on the sparc for
your inter-machine link. :-(  Or, arrange for the "main server" to not
generate a break condition on that line when it's shut down....

> Is there a prom command perhaps to resume execution and come back to
> life?

At the > prompt, "c" and RETURN.  At the "ok " prompt, "go" and RETURN
(I think).  If the machines sits at the PROM prompt too long, I've had
these fail; it hasn't happened often enough for me to have any definite
idea how long is "too long".

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca