Subject: "keyboard input parity or framing error"
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/17/1998 17:21:50
I accidentally spilled water on the end of my keyboard yesterday, and have
been paying for it ever since.  The keyboard started emitting spontaneous
"0"'s endlessly sometime later (despite my best efforts to blow it dry with
a compressed air can) and finally it seized up altogether.

I replaced the keyboard with another one but it just seized up as well.  I got:

	keyboard input parity or framing error (0x100000f)

and it went dead.  Tried pulling the chord out and re-plugging it back in
(fully expecting to get dropped to the PROM by doing so, but it didn't - why?)
and that resulted in

	keyboard input parity or framing error (0x1000007)
	Unknown keyboard type 240

and suddenly the keyboard works again (heck, it'd be hard to type this e-mail
using cut n' paste with the mouse (-: )

Any interpretations?  Might I now have a flakey keyboard interface on the
motherboard in light of all of this, given that the problem has now spanned
two keyboards?

(I realize this isn't exactly NetBSD/SPARC-specific)

	- Greg