Subject: Re: Sparc2 problems part II
To: None <port-SPARC@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/02/1998 00:10:24
[ On Wed, April 1, 1998 at 13:23:59 (-0700), Tim Rightnour wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Sparc2 problems part II
>
> On 01-Apr-98 Nathan J Williams spoke unto us all:
> # >It plays about 3 seconds, then starts over and goes into an infinate loop.
> # >Playing a smaller one will partially over-write the sound and then go into
> # an
> # >infinate loop with the two sounds overlayed.  It's very wierd.
> #
> #       What are your kernel config lines and boot-time fconfiguration
> # output for the audio device? Maybe we can compare them with those of
> # someone with working sound in a similar box.

I've no problem on the sparc-1 sitting beside me.  It's running a
-current kernel I built from sources sup'ed from the collection dated
Mon Mar 23 07:45:56 EST 1998, and with the following conig:

## /dev/audio support (`audioamd' plus `audio')
##
audioamd0	at mainbus0				# sun4c
audio*		at audioamd0

The machine is headless (and keyboardless, with console on ttya), and
isn't really doing anything at all at the moment.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>