Subject: Re: Sparc2 problems part II
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Nathan J Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/01/1998 15:16:41
>It plays about 3 seconds, then starts over and goes into an infinate loop.
>Playing a smaller one will partially over-write the sound and then go into an
>infinate loop with the two sounds overlayed.  It's very wierd.

	I'm not very familiar with the Sparc audio hardware, but that
sounds very much like a missed-interrupt problem. An i386 system of
mine exhibited precicely that behaviour when the sound device was
configured in the kernel for a different interrups than it actually
resided at.
	What are your kernel config lines and boot-time fconfiguration
output for the audio device? Maybe we can compare them with those of
someone with working sound in a similar box.

	- Nathan