Subject: Re: Sparc2 problems part II
To: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/1998 20:08:45
On 31-Mar-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#
# No.  IIRC, only the Sparc4 and later models did the power-on beep.
#

My Sparc1 (clone (Opus 5000)) plays a little song when it's powering up.. While
it does what it refers to as, an "audio test".

It was very annoying when I fired it up for the first time, at 3 am, and woke
my fiancee up.

A side note.. its really a pity that 1.3 broke the audio..  I used to be able
to play .au files on my old SBPro on the i386. (1.2)  Now I can't use the audio
on either the sun, nor the i386. (newer cards work on the i386)

I need to look into this and send-pr it.. does anyone else have a sparc 1 who
can verify this for me?

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html