Subject: Re: SVr4 emulation question
To: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/23/1998 14:34:51
On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Ruschmeyer, John wrote:

: I've set up SVr4 emulation as listed in the compat_svr4(8) man page. For
: the most part, it seems to work fine, but I am unable to use any
: applications which connect to the network or, by extension, any X
: applications (unable to connect to display).

Did you run the SVR4_MAKEDEV script as described in compat_svr4(8)?  That's
under the section "Setup the configuration files and devices".

Can you give any more insight as to how these programs "do not work"-- error
messages, etc.?  Non-X programs, that is, because X errors are vague.